The newest AP® course, AP Computer Science Principles, is launching in fall 2016. Whether your school is interested in offering the course, or are looking for ways to motivate interest in your students and parents, these materials will help you get started.
- Teacher/admin brochure (.pdf/1.4MB)
- Parent/student flyer (printable format) (.pdf/788KB)
- Partners piece (.pdf/1.4MB)
- AP Online Scores for Students Toolkit Cover Letter (.pdf/4.66KB)
- AP Online Scores for Students Toolkit Flyer (.pdf/742KB)
- AP Online Scores for Students Toolkit Poster (.pdf/719KB)
- Telephone Outreach and PA Announcement Scripts (.pdf/966KB)
- Social Media Outreach: Here are some sample messages you can use and customize to let students know about AP® Online Scores.
These materials introduce students to AP and help them explore whether AP is right for them:
- Student Brochure - English (.pdf/5.94MB)
- Student Brochure - Spanish (.pdf/1.16MB)
- Student Posters: Give your students an extra bit of inspiration.
- AP Course Overviews
Brief, two-page course descriptions that provide an introduction to AP courses and exams and are available in print-ready formats for distribution to students, parents, and colleagues.
- Conversation Starters (.zip/2.68MB) to help students and parents talk to counselors about AP. Available in 15 languages.
- Explore AP
Share this website with students who are interested in exploring the benefits of AP.
- Big Future
This website gives students the opportunity to explore and plan for
college and careers.
These materials give parents accessible and helpful insight into AP courses and the expectations for students:
- Resources for Parents and Families
- The AP Program: Insights for Parents and Families Brochure (.pdf/1.12MB)
- The AP Program: Insights for Parents and Families Spanish Brochure (.pdf/489KB)
- AP Free Resources Order Form
- Customizable AP Parent's Night PowerPoint (.pptx/4MB)
- Customizable AP Parent's Night PowerPoint – Spanish (.pptx/3.38MB)
Digital Resources for AP Coordinators
Use these templates and resources to help build student and parental awareness of AP events and activities:
- Email Template for Parents (.docx/194KB)
- Email Template for Parents – Spanish (.docx/117KB)
- Text for Automated Telephone Messages (.pdf/500KB)
- Text for Automated Telephone Messages in Spanish (.pdf/483KB)
AP Informational Event Planner (.pdf/603KB)
This quick reference guide gives you ideas and tips for planning and promoting successful informational events for parents and students, to support participation in AP courses.
AP Coordinator Newsletter Archive
Access our Monthly AP Coordinator Newsletter for updates, professional development opportunities, and other useful news about AP courses and exams.
Subscribe to the AP YouTube Channel featuring videos of AP students and teachers. You can use these videos in presentations to students, parents, colleagues and the community. View a few of our most popular videos:
- An AP teachers talks about her high expectations for her students
- Karl describes AP classes as a glimpse into what college is like
- Anthony describes the impact AP Chemistry has had on his life
- The Value of AP for Latino Students (in Spanish)
- Teachers recognize AP student achievements
- Kara says that AP teachers have changed her life
Insights into AP Potential™
Use AP Potential to open the world of AP to academically qualified students who otherwise may be overlooked. Based on PSAT/NMSQT score data, AP Potential can help you identify and coach students who demonstrate potential for success in specific AP courses.
7 Steps to Start an AP Course
You have students who are prepared and eager for a college-level learning experience. Now what? Here are the seven steps to add an Advanced Placement® (AP) course at your school.
2013 Spotlight on Success (.pdf/1.33MB)
Examples of how schools and districts making AP® courses accessible to more students.
Our online communities support AP teachers and AP Coordinators across all AP courses.
Follow AP On Twitter!
- @AP_Trevor: updates from the College Board's head of AP
- @APforStudents: resources, important updates, news and links for current and future AP students